June 20, 2018
A Nanny and a Nanny Housekeeper are 2 separate job titles!
It is important to understand the difference between a Nanny and a Nanny Housekeeper.
If you are looking to employ either a Nanny or a Nanny Housekeeper, discover what their duties would include:
Let’s break it down…
Every family’s needs and requirements will be different.
Whether you are looking for a live in or live out nanny, their duties will include:
The typical duties of a Nanny include:
- Looking after and caring for the children.
- Supporting the children and family in any way they can.
- Preparing and cooking healthy nutritious meals for the children.
- Taking the children to and from school/ nursery.
- Traveling with the family if needed.
- Taking the children to social events and activities.
- Communicating with parents to update them on the children – The day’s activities, what they have eaten etc. Having a Nanny diary can be hugely beneficial to record daily events and key information about the charge/ charges in your care.
- Handling the children’s washing, ironing and laundry.
- Bathing and dressing the children.
- Maintaining the children’s bedroom – making sure it is kept tidy.
- Making sure play areas and kept clean and tidy.
As well as carrying out all the duties of a nanny. A housekeeper will also take on additional domestic duties.
The typical duties of a Nanny Housekeeper include:
- A Nanny housekeeper will have a balance of looking after and caring for children and carrying out domestic duties.
- Going food shopping
- Handling washing, laundry and ironing
- Cooking and preparing healthy meals
- Maintaining the general cleanliness and tidiness of the house
- Taking care of pets (if appropriate)
- Running day to day errands – for example, going to the post office.
If you are looking some help around the house or with childcare, register today and we can help to find the perfect fit for your family. Click HERE now to begin the process
Written by Emily Martin for Harmony at Home Limited. All Rights Reserved, 2018
Posted by Charlotte Hudson, PA to the Director | Filed Under Expert Advice, New Mums and Dads, Parents and Employers, Top Tips for Employers