Professional Reference Request
Harmony at Home Professional Reference Request
Harmony at Home understands the importance of securing suitable references for all candidates. The positions that we recruit for include working with children, along with working in private households. Positions that involve children are regulated under the Children’s Act 2014.
We undertake an extensive check of previous employment and the candidates career history. This enables us to understand whether a candidate is appropriate for different childcare roles. We also check for any gaps in employment.
By agreeing and completing our online reference form, you are confirming that you fully understand and agree with the criteria set out below.
The reference that you will provide will impact our decision as to whether a candidate is suitable to work with children and in private households. All information provided must be genuine, legitimate and accurate. We will verify your reference with a telephone call.
The candidate has quoted you as a person to contact for which a professional reference may be made on his/her behalf.
The reference provided will be treated in strict confidence and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 the EU General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR” and UK law. The reference provided may be passed on to future employers, and the candidate.
In order to give a professional reference for a candidate you must ensure:
- That the reference is submitted by a senior member of staff / current employer / past employer.
- The senior person / employer / past employer who is providing the reference must be able to comment on the suitability of the candidate to work with children or young people if applicable.
- The reference is only provided if the candidate worked with you or for you in their role for 4 working weeks or more.
- The reference of employment must be relatable to work completed by the candidate in the last 5 years.
- The reference must be based on a position of childcare or professional household staff employment.
- The reference provided is based on professional conduct and not personal opinion.
By completing the reference, you are declaring that you can comply with the above criteria.
Our website is secure, and uses encryption. All our branches are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO – UK Data Protection) and take great care of your personal details.
If you have any questions, queries or concerns regarding our reference policy or if you would like to speak to one of our team about providing a reference, please call us on: 02078701044
Thank you for taking the time to complete the reference on behalf of the candidate.